Re: [DotGNU]jabber conference

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]jabber conference
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:47:49 +0530

If memory serves me right, Brandon Bremen wrote:
> I created a dotgnu  room on conference.jabber.org if anyone wants to use
> it. Im trying to set up an irc <--> jabber thingymabob on my server but
> it isn't quite so easy. Atleast the config file is in good ol' XML!

I think going the Jabber way might have it's difficulties .. for example
how in the world will you replicate a dotgnu-sage in Jabber ?.

IMHO IRC is an almost ideal solution which has been used for the past
year ..... But I'm personally open to all suggestions . The guys who
are left out from IRC are people who are heavily firewalled and proxied.
Is there way to do it in Jabber ? ....

I would like to stress that Jabber is an integral component of DotGNU
communication package ... So we *should* use Jabber for stuff ..

So let's try this as an experiment .... Next week's meeting will be held
on Jabber to try out Jabber's strengths and weaknesses. What's the opinion
about that ?... After all we have got the time (and some have the bandwidth).

Also I'm waiting for Adam Theo's comments on this ....

Gopal