Re: [DotGNU]jabber conference

From: Brandon Bremen
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]jabber conference
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:47:24 -0700

If theo would configure the jabberd server (I didn't have total success in configuring the server settings) , I would gladly host jabber.dotgnu.org

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 06:00  PM, Gopal V wrote:

If memory serves me right, Adam Theo wrote:
I don't know what DotGNU-Sage is, but I'm assuming it is a chat bot
program. Jabber has a very featured one already, called ChatBot. You can
see how it works in the address@hidden room at any time.

Yes, I checked chatbot ... only thing left to look is if the database
can be imported into chatbot's tables .

and hopefully a URL to read it. You can do this on people ("?? theo"),
or anything else that is defined with ChatBot.

This will do ...

then people behind firewalls can use a http-enabled client (I think
Gabber, Jarl, WinJab, Exodus and maybe a couple of other mature ones do)

This is a very important point for people inside firewalls , especially
people from universities in India ;) .... Also an important requirement
if we're going to involve more industry people..

and connect to the jabber server on port 80 wrapping the jabber messages
as http packets.

That obviously disqualifies dotgnu.org from being the jabber server ....

If you want, I'd be happy to take an hour or two of my time to set it up
for you. just give me a regular user ftp and ssh account, and i'll have
it up and running in 2 hours max, complete with SSL and conference
support. Never set up HTTP support, but shouldn't be that hard after
figuring out SSL.

I wonder if someone can provide a jabber.dotgnu.org and host the jabber
server ?.

Gopal