Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET status 24 May 2002

From: Enrico Donelli
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET status 24 May 2002
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:35:11 +0200

Rhys Weatherley wrote:

Enrico Donelli wrote:

I would be happy if I could help. I have skills in java programming but
I don't really know how to start ... Which is the best way to start
studing something and helping in simple stuff?

The "pnetlib" distribution contains a file called HACKING
which describes the basics, including how to build it,
where to find things to do, submitting changes, etc.

The easiest way to find something is "grep TODO *.cs".
There are a lot of simple things left in the "runtime"
core parts.  e.g. formatting integers as hex, rather
than the default of decimal.

And Peter Minten posted a list of simple network and Xml
tasks a couple of days ago.

Cheers,

Rhys.

thanks a lot!