Re: airyxOS has a new name: ravynOS

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: airyxOS has a new name: ravynOS
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:54:04 +0200

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 at 19:53, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> one of the screenshot "screams" GNUstep, it has the telling "gamma too
> dark" NeXT grey default theme.

I can't see that myself, so I am not sure which.

> Most apps however are not native (e.g. firefox) and are wrappend.

I cannot work out what "wrappened" (?) means here. It's not an English word.

> They say however:
>
> GNUStep is pretty good and their Cocoa implementation is much further
> ahead than ours. We use the libobjc2 runtime from it. However, the way
> it is packaged, the GS* extension classes, and various other things made
> it "less than ideal" for ravynOS. Also I prefer BSD/MIT/Apache-style
> licensing. That said, I'm open to using it if we can make it work.
>
> That, plus Wayland, is telling.

Is it? Telling of what?

I find your email impenetrable I'm afraid. Sorry. My failing but I
don't follow at all.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven@gmail.com