Re: airyxOS has a new name: ravynOS

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: airyxOS has a new name: ravynOS
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:11:57 -0400

The ravynOS project's goal is to reproduce macOS and be binary compatible.  Our aim is to be as portable as possible.  The goals of the two projects are fundamentally different.   I told the maintainer she is more than welcome to use GNUstep code so long as she follows the licensing rules as outlined by the LGPL.

It looks like a very interesting project.  GC

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 3:29 PM Derek Fawcus <dfawcus+lists-gnustep-discuss@employees.org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 09:21:03PM +0200, Hugo Melder wrote:

> I think ravynOS was using GNUstep at the beginning, then Cocotron, and now something homebrewed. They still use libobjc2.

>From glancing around I got the impression it was still Cocotron...

The recent announcement also indicates they've decided to use Wayland, so that could prove interesting...

DF

--
Gregory Casamento
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron