Re: gnustep.org has been down for the past few days

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: gnustep.org has been down for the past few days
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:09:44 +0100

I've synced the latest backups I have to the server, I've picked up
new ones from our host, and I'm looking at setting up basic services.

I've stopped now as I got tired, and will resume tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've left www.gnustep.org pointing to the temporary
redirect, but I have set up A records and CNAMEs pointing to the
existing, deprecated oxymium host:

- ftp.gnustep.org
- ftpmain.gnustep.org
- wwwmain.gnustep.org
- mediawiki.gnustep.org

Please note: our current host has kindly done another, *final* export
of MySQL databases. Any future changes will *not* be reflected when I
bring up the services on the new host. I will *not* ask our current
host for a new database export.

Please also avoid making changes to the site whether via CVS or FTP.
If you do make an upload to FTP (such as a new release), please notify
me explicitly and directly, and ensure you get an acknowledgement from
me.

Please also note: at least initially (and possibly permanently) the
CVS website edits will not be fetched  in the new setup. Likely we'll
switch over to Git. Some services like /softwareindex/ may move to a
subdomain, so we change what portion of our setup depends on PHP.