Re: HelpViewer 0.3 : error while linking

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: Re: HelpViewer 0.3 : error while linking
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:27:27 +0200

Hi Riccardo,
Hi Yavor,

Maybe I did not the things as I should. Please, help me to understand :

1) I made the GNUstep core from the git repository and Clang-7, to target GNUstep runtime 1.9 because my arm CPU is only 32bit, as I said in my previous message.

2) Then, I searched around from GAP (github clone of Savannah) and many other source sites to grab the GNUstep tagged apps and tried to make them one by one with the make way. And I did not use deb source packages because I thought they could not be compatible or they should use the olg GCC to make those.

If I get some package from deb source and I try to rebuild it as the Debian doc says (1) I am afraid this could make a dependency conflict with the apps already installed by hand.

Do You think the best way is : I could get the deb source, apply the patch and make them by hand ?

(1) https://debian-administration.org/article/20/Rebuilding_Debian_packages

P.S.1 : Yavor, I found the patched source from the Debian repo.
P.S.2 : Riccardo, I was not able to find the source you patched from the git nor from the SVN. Is there another site I did not find ?
These are the sites where I searched :
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/gap/gap/
https://github.com/gnustep/gap
http://www.gnustep.org/softwareindex/