Re: HelpViewer 0.3 : error while linking

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: HelpViewer 0.3 : error while linking
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 11:43:31 +0200

Hi Patrick

Patrick Cardona wrote:
Hi again, Riccardo,

I did not find any path to a supplied tarball nor I could checkout the svn
repository...
This command failed :

svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gap/trunk/

Maybe a different path to get the source code ? Maybe it is not supplied for
anonymous access ?

Yes that is the path with the "view" . It is not like on github where the path is the same.

Instructions are here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/svn/?group=gap

but if you just need a checkout of the main trunk, no branches.. it should be as simple as:

or if you have a firewall or such use the slower https:
||svn co https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/gap/trunk gap

I hope that helps!

PS: yesterday I finished off most warning fixes and code cleanup. So it should build now fine, no patches needed. But I bet you still get the same error, since I get it on one computer (but not the other). Will now test more.

Cheers, Riccardo