Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 23:54:34 +0100

Hi,
I expect Nicola can sort out the gnustep-make changes, so that only leaves
making cairo the default backend... that one might be contentious as Cairo is
quite new still, and not trusted by some (actually, when I tried to use it last
week it failed to draw any images at all ... so I'm currently using art).  In
particular I recall Fred (who wrote it) saying it wasn't ready a while back.
He might have changed his mind by now though.  Anyway, he should be able to
give you a definitive answer on this.

Apparently, it depends on the system. I have a daily box where I run cairo daily and I experience no particular problems at all. However art renders so beautifully, that except for some bugs, it is nicer and I'd prefer to keep it. But this discussion would edge in to the discussion about cairo, obal and the rest again...

Riccardo