Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:32:41 +0000

On 14 Feb 2010, at 15:20, David Chisnall wrote:

> I think Richard might have only tested his branch with libobjc2 (although, in
> fact, configure breaks with libobjc2...).  In Étoilé we have some hacks to
> work around the different versions of runtime.h that might be present.  I'll
> try to merge them into GNUstep this afternoon.

Okay, I've imported the relevant bits of Étoilé's ObjectiveC2 framework into
-base.  There are a few things that still need doing:

1) The configure script needs to detect whether we are using libobjc2.
2) ObjectiveC2.framework should only be compiling in any code if libobjc2 is
not present, otherwise it should just be a stub library.
3) The references to objc/runtime.h need changing to ObjectiveC2/runtime.h

Then, to migrate to libobjc2, you will just need to replace ObjectiveC2 with
the stub version, you won't need to recompile -base or any other code.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620