Re: Central GNUstep software index?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Central GNUstep software index?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

> I believe that what we need is something like what we already have on the
> wiki, but more focused.   A central registry which contains links to where
> you can download the software... something like Version Tracker, I suppose.

Yes, that is my proposal with the Software Index. It works quite
similar to Versiontracker. Developers can "publish" descriptions and
links to new versions. It does not store any source or binary itself.
Just links. If reasonable, into the Wiki pages (which still can have
the Category:Application index).

And, the main page and/or an RSS fees informs immediately about
updates. And, a search function adding categories allows to do more
specialized things. Finally, comments and/or votes could be added.