Re: Central GNUstep software index?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Central GNUstep software index?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:14:10 +0100

On 22 Apr 2008, at 12:32, hns@computer.org wrote:

On 21 Apr., 13:39, "Chris B. Vetter" <chris.vet...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:02 PM, h...@computer.org <h...@computer.org> wrote:

[...]>    http://www.letux.de/swi/

[...]

Nicely done.

--
Chris

Thanks!

PLEASE try to add/update things! I haven't seen any change requests so
far and this experience is important for your evaluation.

A couple of comments about this:

- The overall idea is really nice.

- Cosmetically, it's quite ugly - the text is so small it's barely readable and the grey background doesn't help with reading black text.

- License information is really important for a Free Software project, especially for frameworks, but to a lesser degree for applications.

- I am not sure price is an important field. If the license is 'proprietary' then they can go to the home page to find out what the price is.

- Fields for svn / cvs access would be very useful. A lot of things in the Étoilé repository haven't released snapshots yet, but people can get them from svn easily.

- A field for the umbrella project would be useful. If a project is part of GAP, Backbone, or Étoilé then it would be nice to have this indicated.

- For some reason Gorm isn't an application.

David