Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:28:48 +0000

Hi all,

I think Mark and Daniel is talking a lot of sense.

... put up a forum. That is the preferred method of communication for most people these days.

Critical mass can be improved by making the gnustep site a hub for listing current gnustep applications, and even for downloading them.

Personally, I find it easier to follow a 'forum style' conversation; it makes it easier to skim and get a quick overall impression of the thread.

It also makes GNUstep more accessible and targeted for potential new developers: accessible because it sucks to sign-up to a mailing list if your only want to ask a first exploratory question, the targeted because you can sub-divide forums into in smaller work packages, e.g. Make, Base, GUI, Back, Apps, GNUstep on Windows, GNUstep on ... etc.

Forums are a very open way of communicating.

--DFJ