Re: inotify fswatcher

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: inotify fswatcher
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:13:44 +0200

On 2007-01-21 00:55:48 +0200 Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:

Hi all

Would it be interesting to have a version of fswatcher based on
inotify for systems running linux 2.6 ? I don't know how hard it would
be but we could certainly get rid of polling and timers.

If someone is interested, I could use some help with the current
semantics of fswatcher.

I'm interested. I was just thinking to use fam for this because it seems to be
available on other platforms besides linux. But I must say that I don't know
either inotify or fam and perhaps using inotify on linux and the old NSTimer
based solution on other systems could be a reasonable compromise...
If you want to help with inotify, I'd be very glad; write me.

Enrico

Philippe