Re: inotify fswatcher

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: inotify fswatcher
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:02:35 +0200

On 2007-01-29 18:53:08 +0200 Charles philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

On 29 Jan 2007, p.o.roussel@free.fr wrote:

Yes, we briefly discussed the subject and I sent Enrico a preliminary
version of a FAM based fswatcher. I don't know if it's clean enough
and if Enrico will push it in svn.

I sas the FAM option when doing ./configure --help.

The option is there only because I *will* add Philippe's FAM fswatcher :-)
For the moment, you can use only "--with-inotify".

I just checked out his inotify version and sent a (somewhat ugly)
patch needed to build it on my setup.

I'll try to write a better configure script.
I know, it was really hard to build. I have to use the inotify.h from my
kernel source (2.6.19) and download and use inotify-syscalls.h. Also, I
needed to do a:

       #include <sys/types.h>

before inotify.h in fswatcher-inotify.h.

Charles