Re: inotify fswatcher

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: inotify fswatcher
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:53:08 -0500

On 29 Jan 2007, p.o.roussel@free.fr wrote:

> Yes, we briefly discussed the subject and I sent Enrico a preliminary
> version of a FAM based fswatcher. I don't know if it's clean enough
> and if Enrico will push it in svn.

I sas the FAM option when doing ./configure --help.

> I just checked out his inotify version and sent a (somewhat ugly)
> patch needed to build it on my setup.

I know, it was really hard to build. I have to use the inotify.h from my
kernel source (2.6.19) and download and use inotify-syscalls.h. Also, I
needed to do a:

       #include <sys/types.h>

before inotify.h in fswatcher-inotify.h.

Charles

--
printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: Thanks, I feel much better now!\n", dev->name);
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/de620.c