Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

From: Phil Edwards
Subject: Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:05:36 -0500

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 02:40:33PM -0800, Gregory John Casamento wrote:
> Guys..   This type of outburst is atypical coming from me, but I must say
> this...
>
> Argh!!  C'mon... c'mon... c'mon...  ObjC++ has been perpetually forthcoming
> for
> the past two years!   What does it take to get Objective-C++ in?    It has
> been
> so frustrating waiting for this.  There is *so much software* which would be
> trivial to reuse once this is done.
>
> Please, just get past all of the politics and get it in!

Lots of screaming and yelling about "just do it," but nobody in the ObjC++
community so far has answered the objections brought up the last time.

Politics aren't what's keeping it out.  Front-ends aren't popularity
contests; the GCC maintainers aren't going to suddenly start checking in
troublesome code just because X number of potential users really, really
want it.  If you want it in 4.0, then start answering questions and propose
cleaner designs than the ones so far.

--
Behind everything some further thing is found, forever; thus the tree behind
the bird, stone beneath soil, the sun behind Urth.  Behind our efforts, let