Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:51:54 -0800

On 17 Nov 2004, at 13.42, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 17.11.04 um 21:26 Uhr schrieb Mike Stump:

On Nov 17, 2004, at 1:58 AM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
I wanted to ask what the current status of Objective-C++ for mainline gcc is. While there have been a lot of activity on the gcc-patches and gcc-cvs lists several month ago it is now relatively silent regarding this topic. Is all the work done now or did the release plan slip backwards (to 4.1 or whatever)?

Last I knew, everything was solidly wedged behind Geoff's objection with no plan forward. The objection will either have to be withdrawn, or Geoff will have to communicate his vision before any progress can be made.

What kind of objection was that? (you can give me a pointer to the archived mail at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/ or so)

Lars,

The tail-end of the thread is at:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-10/msg00306.html

Would it be possible to ask Geoff to get down to business?

I tried and failed, but you're welcome to give it a go. :-)

--Zem

Ziemowit Laski                 1 Infinite Loop, MS 301-2K
Mac OS X Compiler Group        Cupertino, CA USA  95014-2083
Apple Computer, Inc.           +1.408.974.6229  Fax .5477