Re: Still confused

From: Jeremy Tregunna
Subject: Re: Still confused
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:45:09 -0400

On Oct 22, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Shalev NessAiver wrote:

Sorry for posting this to the list. Jeremy's email keeps bouncing back to me so...

I didn't give it any prefix. I just ran the installation packages. However it doesn't seem like they've done anything. For instance, there is no $<x-tad-bigger>GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES </x-tad-bigger>variable or anything like that. Also, the make command currently resides within the Developer folder, there doesn't appear to be any GNUstep folders on the system at all.

I'm unfamiliar with these packages to which you speak, I always install from source. However, check to see if there is infact, a /usr/GNUstep directory. If not, run the following command:

find / -name "GNUstep" -type d

Once you find the GNUstep directory, you can source /path/to/that/dir/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh to get all those fancy GNUstep variables.

--
Jeremy Tregunna
jtregunna@fuqn.ca