Re: NSKeyedArchiver support in GNUstep (was Re: RFC: Appreciation of .gm

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: NSKeyedArchiver support in GNUstep (was Re: RFC: Appreciation of .gmodel format (was deprecation))
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:55:01 +0900

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Chris,

See below...  I would like us to implement NSKeyedArchiver/NSKeyedUnarchiver
support in GNUstep, if possible... read on...

I thought you didn't like it.

<snip>

Actually, I think that once we have an implementation of the keyed archiver,

it's likely okay for us to move to this format.  Since the keyed archiver can
output to an XML format, we should make certain that the XML between the two is
as compatible as possible or, at the very least, that there is a simple
transform that can be appled to make it so.

We will still need to add code to all objects to allow them to be saved using
the keyed archiver, but this is a very small price to pay for this kind of
cross platform capability or at least to make the format human readable!! :)

Once we have it, it shouldn't be a big deal to add the support, it's just time
consuming since there are so many classes.  But I know I'd be happy to do it.
:)

To save your time, why don't you count on me?  I'd like to see a new Gorm
supporting human-readable format as soon as possible!

- Kazunobu Kuriyama