GNUstep GUI Backends: DirectFB, Win32, & Cairo

From: Alex Perez
Subject: GNUstep GUI Backends: DirectFB, Win32, & Cairo
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone was working on either of these backends
currently. I know someone came in here a while back saying that they had a
commercial need to have the win32 backend working, and I'm hoping that
that person would de-lurk and just give me (or us, publically) a status
update if they've successfully done any work, or even just done an
analysis of what needs to be done.

On the subject of the DirectFB backend, I think Chad Hardin had been
working on this, and I'm just wondering if there is any foreward movement
there. Last I remember, Chad had found something out about DirectFB's
design that he didn't like, and I haven't heard anything more about the
project since then, so I can only assume that he stopped work at that
point. Unfortunate, but his choice.

Chad: Are you still working on the DirectFB backend? If not, why not? Do
you have plans to write a backend for the Linux Framebuffer directly?

I know someone had done some preliminary work on a CairoGraphics backend
as well. How has this progressed, if at all?

Cheers,
Alex Perez