Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:56:58 +0100

> You do pointedly ignore it.  Context menus are invisible menus with
> shifting geography and will always be unavoidably slower to use than
> the main ones.

Thats a good reason for not enforcing their use. But its not a good argument
for not providing them at all. If I ant to empty my wastebasket on OSX
I ctrl-click on it and emty it. Because other wise I would have to find
a way to bring the finder to the front and then go find the approrpiate menu
on the finder. If I knew it then it might be quicker, but I dont, and I
cant remember where it is on the menus - so the context menu is very useful.

if epopel use context menus in place of a decent main menun then thats very
wrong, and I agree with most of your points there. But you over extend
that so say that they are always bad. I dont see the problem with the odd
context menu for people who know what they are doing, and nobody has even
attempted to explain why they are wrong... they alwats side step the point.

Please explain clearly and ssuccinctly why its wrong for me to empty my
wastebasket in the way I do.

-bat.