Re: GWorskpace (un)usability

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: GWorskpace (un)usability
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:46:20 +0200

Hi,

I am working on a project where i need to launch external tools and immediately
connect to them. I am sending you extracts of code you can look at, maybe you
can find it useful.

See AFSimulator connectNew method. Basically, it passes some unique identifier
as an argument to the tool. The tool will register server under unique name
(broken under current gnustep, you have to handle exception and try to
reregister with other name). After registering it will send distributed
notification with that unique identifier and unique server name which is cought
by your application. app then creates a connection to that unique server.

It is asynchronous, but this should be no problem if properely implemented.

Best regards,

Stefan

<AFDistantSimulator.m><afsimulator.m>