Re: Dual Boot NextStep, OpenStep

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: Dual Boot NextStep, OpenStep
Date: 18 Jun 2002 13:26:19 +0200

It is unusual that you do not see any partitions but depending on your
disk size this may be due to different CHS-mappings comparing Linux with
NS/OS.
Otherwise I didn't achieve a simple choose with
cursor-keys-and-press-return configuration, because the mach kernel
needs parameters specified correctly, which cannot be passed
automatically. You have to specify the kernel and the rootdev by typing
at the boot prompt (supposing partition 1 on hd 1 (counted from 0)):
hd(1)mach_kernel root_dev=/dev/hdb
I'm not hundred percent certain about the the parameter naming and
device names (I certainly recall that device names in OS/NS used to be
different from Linux), so feel free to email me if any problems arise.

Best wishes,

        Stefan