Re: Attempting to Create Obj-C Gecko Framework

From: Brian Powell
Subject: Re: Attempting to Create Obj-C Gecko Framework
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:35:54 -0600

On Tuesday, April 10, 2001, at 03:13 AM, strobe anarkhos wrote:

Hmmm, I did some searching about on google and couldn't find a link to
the project that has wrapped ObjC around Qt.  Do you have any
information?  I appreciate it!

I'd advise against using Qt. If you stick with AppKit controls your code will work in OS X. Also Qt is commercial (free only if your code is free, but non-free code using your code may have to pay royalties)

I think others have answered this pretty well, but, I just wanted to be clear:

My intention is NOT to use Qt for anything with mozilla, but, rather my interest in Qt was to learn from the work Richard Dale has accomplished in making Qt available to ObjC developers.

--Brian