Installing GNUstep

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Installing GNUstep
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:00:41 +0100

Hi all,

I finally got a few days free for checking out GNUstep. I am a long time OPENSTEP/MacOSX developer but a newbie with regard to software development under Linux.

I tried my luck at www.gnustep.org and hoped to find everything there that is required for converting a RedHat 6.0 machine into a GNUstep development system. Unfortunately this was a very frustrating start. I not even found a reasonable and detailed enough installation instruction guide.

Please, can anybody point me to a detailed installation instruction guide? By the way, which Linux distribution do you expect the fewest problems with? I have just installed RedHat 6.0 but the gcc coming with this distro does not seem to be suitable for GNUstep.
Thanks a lot,

   Andreas