Re: Galileo Frequency Shifting and Filtering

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Galileo Frequency Shifting and Filtering
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 18:17:16 +0100

Hi David,

please stay in the habit of keeping the mailing list in CC!

Can you please write this email to the mailing list?

Thanks,
Marcus

On 28.02.23 17:55, David Dima wrote:
Hi Marcus,
According to Galileo's signal plan (https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Galileo_Signal_Plan <https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Galileo_Signal_Plan>), E5b bandwidth is  25MHz, but to save memory and resources, I sample at 20MHz because I demonstrated by testing that is enough to process the signal without losing information.

Regarding the Xlating filters: if I tune the USRP in the middle of the signals (1164MHz + (1215-1164)/2)MHz = 1189.5MHz) , then I have to shift the spectrum +- 15.345 (According to Daniel: "The band plan you posted is slightly wrong. The distance between the AltBOC sidebands and the centre frequency is 15 * 1.023 MHz.") to be able to record at 25MHz each band (E5a and E5b). I am trying to do the following:
imagen.png
Kind regards,
David