Re: Galileo Frequency Shifting and Filtering

From: Daniel Estévez
Subject: Re: Galileo Frequency Shifting and Filtering
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 19:10:59 +0100

On 27/02/2023 18:59, David Dima wrote:
Hi guys,
I am trying to simultaneously record Galileo's E5a and E5b signals as follows:
imagen.png
I have tried to record them separately by tuning the local oscillator in the middle of the signals bandwidths and sampling at 25MHz and it worked. But when I try to shift and filter to get the signals in a different file, it does not work. I have no idea what am i doing wrong.
Galileo's Signal Plan is as follows:

Hi David,

I see the following problems:

1. The "Sample Rate" parameter in the Frequency Xlating FIR Filter is the input sample rate. Hence it should be 50 Msps in your case, not 25 Msps.

2. An anti-alias lowpass filter to decimate from 50 Msps to 25 Msps should have a cut-off frequency of around 12.5 MHz, not 25 MHz.

3. The band plan you posted is slightly wrong. The distance between the AltBOC sidebands and the centre frequency is 15 * 1.023 MHz. See https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Galileo_Signal_Plan (the difference between this and what you used is a few MHz, so it may or may not matter depending on what you're trying to do with these recordings).

Best,
Daniel.