Re: DOA - gr-doa

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: DOA - gr-doa
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 13:55:44 +0000

Hello Ali:

B210 does have suitable frontends, but you will only get 2 channels (instead of 4), and you will have to make some modifications to the software.

Other boards are also usuable, but you will have to synchronize them (using something like an Octoclock) and compensate their phase offsets manually (by using something like a noise generator). And again, you may have to make some modifications to the gr-doa software.

A cheaper (non-USRP) alternative to this is KrakenSDR ( https://www.crowdsupply.com/krakenrf/krakensdr ). You may want to stick with USRPs for academic purposes, though, if you can afford (as KrakenSDR is still at its infancy).

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Ali Mahbas (Staff) <Ali.Mahbas@brunel.ac.uk> 대신 discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=postech.ac.kr@gnu.org <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=postech.ac.kr@gnu.org>
보낸 날짜: 2023년 2월 14일 화요일 오후 10:05
받는 사람: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org <discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
제목: DOA - gr-doa

Dear all,

I need to do the angle of arrival by using USRP (gr-doa) and I know that this example requires X310-TwinRX. Unfortunately, I only have X310-SBX, B210 and N210-CBX. Would be possible to use any of these USRPs instead?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Ali