Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE802.11 transceiver - problems sending data

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE802.11 transceiver - problems sending data
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 13:04:46 +0100

Hi,

> On 19. May 2017, at 12:09, Cristian Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  You will have to also add the corresponding entry in reverse direction. It’s
> not in the script since I always used the WiFi card of another PC.

> I did that as follows:
>
> sudo arp -s 192.168.123.1 12:34:56:78:90:ab -i wlp4s0

So you just set up one ARP entry.

> Then use Wireshark to monitor GNU Radio (that’s what you might do at the
> moment) and also the WiFi card. This might help to understand what frames are
> actually sent, if they are OK (MAC, IP, BSS) and if they are successfully
> received by the WiFi card and the SDR.
> If i do a ping from the interface tap0 to 192.168.123.2 (IP of my wifi card)
> it doesn't work. The signal is going out of the USRP but the Wifi Card of the
> computer is not taking it.
>
> ping -I tap0 192.168.123.2
>
> If i do a ping from the interface wlp4s0 to 192.168.123.1 (IP of USRP B210)
> it doesn't work. The signal is NOT going out of the Wifi card (i verifed that
> through wireshark).
>
> ping -I wlp4s0 192.168.123.1

As I said, you will have to actually look at the frame (BSS, MAC, IP, …) and
see if the fields are OK. Also put the receiver in monitor mode to check if the
packet is actually received. It’s a configuration issue and you will have to
find out where in the network stack it gets dropped.

Best,
Bastian