Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE802.11 transceiver - problems sending data

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE802.11 transceiver - problems sending data
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 16:32:54 +0100

Hi,

this is a rather complex setup. I would not immediately run SSH, but start with
a simple ping (test GNU Radio and the WiFi card as senders). Try to see what
works and what goes wrong, for example, ARP (in both directions) or routing.

IIRC, the script just sets up ARP in one direction (from the SDR to the WiFi
card). You will have to also add the corresponding entry in reverse direction.
It’s not in the script since I always used the WiFi card of another PC.

Then use Wireshark to monitor GNU Radio (that’s what you might do at the
moment) and also the WiFi card. This might help to understand what frames are
actually sent, if they are OK (MAC, IP, BSS) and if they are successfully
received by the WiFi card and the SDR.

(Also make sure that an SSH server is actually running.)

There are a lot of things that can go wrong in this setup. You should try to
narrow it down a bit. Once you have a more specific problem, it might be easier
to help.

Best,
Bastian