[Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for books and online courses on gnuradio?

From: Nazmul Islam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for books and online courses on gnuradio?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:49:13 -0400

This is Nazmul, a PhD student of Wireless Info. & Networking Lab of ECE, Rutgers University. I need to use GNUradio in UHD platform to implement some wireless communication algorithms. I have two very general questions.

1. Do you know of any book that focuses mostly on software defined radio with GNUradio? I found one (http://www.amazon.com/Software-Defined-Radio-GNU-USRP/dp/0071498834) but it is out of print! :S

2. Do you know of any online course that focuses on GNU radio?

Basically, I am a beginner in software defined radio research. I am coming from mostly theoretical wireless communication background and I have some limited programming language experiences (C/C++, Matlab). I will really appreciate if you can even suggest some general books/online courses on software defined radio that might help me. I am probably asking some elementary questions but any of your feedback will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Nazmul

--
Muhammad Nazmul Islam

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.