Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio fails on ubuntu system

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio fails on ubuntu system
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:54:21 -0400

On 25/08/2011 9:37 AM, Cornelius Kaiser wrote:
Hello All,

when running the build-gnuradio script on my ubuntu systems i get the following
error:

"Checking for package sdcc
Failed to find libraries with prefix 'libboost_' after pre-requisite
installation.
This very likely indicates that the pre-requisite installation failed
to install one or more critical pre-requisites for Gnu Radio/UHD"

I run the script on ubuntu 10.04 and a fresh installation of 11.04, but the
error still occurs.

Any idea?

Regards,
Cornelius

My suspicion is that you have a network issue that is preventing "apt-get" from fetching the necessary packages. If you look into the script, you can remove the redirection of the output of the apt-get command(s) to /dev/null, and let them print out, or place
  them into a logfile, so you can see what the exact error is.

I'm currently the latest build-gnuradio on an Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit system, and it's going entirely normally.