Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fusb: (rd status -2) No such file or directory

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fusb: (rd status -2) No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:51:08 -0400

On 30/05/2011 9:41 AM, Johannes Schmitz wrote:
we did not try it under UHD.
Honestly I don't have any experience with UHD.
But do you want to say that the "traditional API" is not supported anymore?
If yes, what is the best way to get started with UHD?

Johannes

The traditional API is no longer under active development, and newer cards are *only* supported under UHD. But also, UHD uses a somewhat different approach to USB interaction, so it's useful to get a "differential analysis" to help see what's going on.

The error message you're seeing indicates basically that the kernel thinks the USB device is no longer there--which is not something that any amount of userland software should be capable of bringing about by itself. This indicates to me that there's some kind of bug in the USB drivers in the kernel, or perhaps the USB machinery in the FX2 on the USRP1. A big part of the USB machinery on the FX2 is *not* handled by the firmware, but rather by a hardware USB engine deep in the guts of the FX2 chip.

http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

Takes you to a good starting point for UHD.