Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/

From: Scott Johnston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/disconnect
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 08:49:20 -0400

Hi,

The way I do it is with infinite while loop, and a state machine. Once I get to certain state, I lock the top-block and reconfigure it.

This works well during testing. Once you get some kind of protocol or some series of steps that you want to do, you can just test a flag, and whenever your block finishes set it to true, then reconfigure.

Scott

Johannes Schmitz wrote:
I did some more research on the topic to get some ideas.
Now it seems there are two possibilities to send control signals
between the blocks:

1. Use a message queue and a watcher thread like in the digital example pkt.py

2. Use a probe block like gr.probe_avg_mag_sqrd and an endless while
loop in the main that checks for a change in some bool variable in
this block

Can anybody confirm this or tell me some other possibilities?