Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/

From: Johannes Schmitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to trigger dynamic reconfiguration with lock/disconnect
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:42:23 +0200

Hello Alex,

> What documentation was possible to find? Was this part of it:
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/TutorialsWritePythonApplications#Controlling-flow-graphs

In this document disconnect is not mentioned at all.
Your example and another example from the mailing list helped me to
understand how to basically use it.

In some post I found an example which shows that the system gets stuck
if you use lock/unlock in a hierarchical block.
see this:
"(The hang is a different bug that will be addressed soon.)" and that
was 2009 but for me the code still hangs.

So I am planning to create two hierarchical blocks and switch between
them at the top block layer.

The problem now is I have no idea how to trigger the reconfiguration
based on some "events" that occur in the hierarchical blocks.
I need to send a message/control signal to the top block to tell him
to lock and reconfigure but I don't know how to do this.

Regards,
Johannes