Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RDS block doesn't find python module

From: Pascal Charest
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RDS block doesn't find python module
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:06:54 -0400

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:52 AM, OlekKrushnov <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have installed GnuRadio 3.4.0 from Git on Ubuntu, now I am trying to setup
> the RDS block from https://www.cgran.org/wiki/RDS. I have followed the
> instructions (configure, make, make install) and apart from a missing
> italian translation file, it seemed to work (I used make -i).
>
> However, when I use RDS blocks in GnuRadio and try to execute, I get the
> python error
>  File ".../crc_fm_rds_rx.py", line 13, in <module>
>  from gnuradio import gr, rds
> ImportError: cannot import name rds
>
> I think I have to specify where the needed files are, I also tried to modify
> the PYTHONPATH, unfortunately to no avail. Does anybody have experience with
> this RDS package?

Hello Olek,

By default, the prefix of gr-rds install things under /usr/local. Try
to relaunch configure with the --prefix=/usr recompile and reinstall.

By the way, I don't think that gr-rds is compatible with Gnuradio 3.4.
It has been successfully compiled and installed with Gnuradio 3.2.2
and 3.3, but not for 3.4 nor the latest Git version.

Regards,

Pascal