[Discuss-gnuradio] RDS block doesn't find python module

From: OlekKrushnov
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RDS block doesn't find python module
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 01:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have installed GnuRadio 3.4.0 from Git on Ubuntu, now I am trying to setup
the RDS block from https://www.cgran.org/wiki/RDS. I have followed the
instructions (configure, make, make install) and apart from a missing
italian translation file, it seemed to work (I used make -i).

However, when I use RDS blocks in GnuRadio and try to execute, I get the
python error
  File ".../crc_fm_rds_rx.py", line 13, in <module>
  from gnuradio import gr, rds
ImportError: cannot import name rds

I think I have to specify where the needed files are, I also tried to modify
the PYTHONPATH, unfortunately to no avail. Does anybody have experience with
this RDS package?