Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:05:39 -0400

On 16/05/2011 12:58 PM, LRK wrote:

Now I'm more confused. If SDCC is needed for the USRP1 firmware, it should
be required to generate that. Otherwise, the test for SDCC should be moot if
the firmware is available. Why does the build demand SDCC 2.9 if it is not
required?

Matt could clarify the history on this, but "historical reasons".

In the "classic" USRP1 days, the assumption was that you'd compile the firmware from source, but the FPGA image was included in the
  source tree, since not everyone would have the Altera FPGA compiler.

I'm not sure, but *think* the FPGA/Firmware for non-UHD USRP1 and UHD USRP1 are the same.