Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDCC 2.9 versus 3.0
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 16:45:42 +0100

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 16/05/2011 11:32 AM, Tom Rondeau wrote:

It's unlikely that SDCC 3.x brings anything to the table that we need. Since, as Marcus already said, SDCC is only used in the USRP code, it has very little impact on the project, especially considering that we are moving towards UHD, which does not depend on SDCC.

Tom

A minor clarification.  You'd still need SDCC if you wanted to compile the firmware image yourself that is in .../uhd/firmware/fx2. But most people
 just use the as-distributed FX2 firmware images supplied by Ettus.  It looks like the code in .../uhd/firmware/fx2 is compatible with SDCC 2.X, since
 intrinsics like "xdata" haven't been converted to "__xdata", etc.

Good point, thanks. (I was thinking mostly on how it impacts GNU Radio directly.)

Tom