Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP custom hardware suppliers?

From: David Bengtson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP custom hardware suppliers?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 06:55:55 -0400

So things like the PRC-148 aren't really commercially available.
That's a military handheld for sale to governments. I don't think that
Military radios need to meet some of the same requirements as
commercially available radios. Not having taken a PRC-148 apart, I'm
not sure what the innards look like, but I bet there's switched in
filters to address harmonics and spurious.

http://www.ficora.fi/attachments/englantiav/1156489106620/FICORA022001M.pdf

Seems to claim that transmitters need to be inspected before they can
be used. That's probably where they will get you. SDR has moved faster
than most regulatory agencies have moved.

Dave