Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP custom hardware suppliers?

From: David Bengtson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP custom hardware suppliers?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 10:28:04 -0400

That's a pretty aggressive goal, to hit 5W over the USRP BW. To get
reasonable linearity, you're probably looking at something  that draws
25W of DC power. An external Amp is probably off the shelf. For
example, Minicircuits has a TIA-1000 that does 4+ watts out from 100
to 1000 MHz for $2000. You're probably going to need post PA filtering
to eliminate harmonics and spurious as well.

Dave