Re: midi export

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: midi export
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 09:19:43 +0100

On Fri, 2021-08-06 at 19:36 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> And another thing
> Is there any way of playing the whole score,
yes - see below
>  including each movement in order
> and/or of exporting the whole to a single midi file.
> Or do I have to get my head around Scheme?
There are programs to concatenate MIDI files, but within Denemo the
MIDI file generation is limited to single movements. However, there is
a command to generate an Audio file of an entire performance:

Command: Export Score as Audio
Plays a performance of the whole score, including repeats, then offers
to save the recording as Audio.
Location: Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Export As
Internal Name: ExportScoreAsAudio

and this can be used to listen to a performance.

On my machine the library call that saves the file crashes if .ogg
format is used. In consequence I save as .wav and then load the
resultant .wav file into the program "audacity" which has the option to
export it in compressed formats.
The advantage of saving as audio is that you know what the recipient of
your file will hear - MIDI doesn't do that, it all depends on the
synthesizer the person you send it to has - if any.