Emailing: 2GavotteinG.zip

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Emailing: 2GavotteinG.zip
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 15:55:52 +0100

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
2GavotteinG.zip
Hi Richard,
I have transcribed this composite Bach Dance Suite for the Mandolin Orchestra from an original rather scruffy score.
two queries:
  1. When I sent the midi's generated by denemo to Dom** he pointed out that the first note of (at least) the 1Allegro and the 3Sarabande midi files sounds truncated. Apparently you have sent him other midi's that don't have the problem and he thought you might like to know about it.
  2. And since I am sending it anyway!: The score has two versions of the first Gavotte. I was trying to convince the die-hards in the orchestra that transposing it from E to F (making it playable on the mandola) would be acceptable, so wanted both versions in the printout. So I duplicated the first and arranged transpose on Print to transpose to F. That worked fine, BUT when I came to produce the midi files they both sound in E (which might be expected!) and to produce versions in F and G required transposition of the editor music. There wouldn't be a "Transpose on Midi Export" command, that Exported the Typescript version, would there?

Best wishes

Joe

** Dom wanted to hear if it sounded best with Allegro in D, Gavotte in G and Sarabande in C (Circle of 5ths, rather than Woelki's D,E,C and my D F C!!!)