Re: Running Denemo on macOS Catalina

From: David Richmond
Subject: Re: Running Denemo on macOS Catalina
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 06:51:10 -0500

Hi Richard,

Thanks! I will get you a keyboard mapping file at some point soon for sure, and test with an external keyboard, if Gabriel does not.

The two changes were:
Let me know if I missed anything.

David

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:31 AM Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2020-06-26 at 17:50 -0400, Gabriel Ellsworth wrote:
> I am glad to report that I was able to install Denemo thanks to these
> instructions from David. There were a few kinks (compounded by my own
> cluelessness about programming) that I had to work out in further
> messages with David, but we got it to run in the end.

I've updated the Downloads page to give the instructions that David
posted (see http://www.denemo.org/hacking-sources/#MacPorts )
Please send any additional things that you had to do so I can include
them, and correct any errors I may have made (I can't test any of this,
not having any sort of Mac :( ).

Please also post up the keyboard mapping file that works for Mac, and
if possible report on the behavior with external USB keyboard with
NumPad as this is enables by far the most efficient music entry method
of any music engraving program.

Denemo has many unusual features so don't feel shy about asking on this
list if anything seems difficult to do.

Richard