Re: Four voices to print with stems right

From: Lorna
Subject: Re: Four voices to print with stems right
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 13:29:50 +1000

Thank you!! Absolutely superlative!!

On 12/5/20 3:10 am, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sun, 2020-05-10 at 20:40 +1000, Lorna wrote:
I tried this one, thanks Richard, and it does work. the editing
display
is a bit confusing,
You can hide the extra parts in the display, which would give you less
clutter, but see below...
  so I will create the four parts right through first,
save, then do this scheme to listen and fine tweek each part, save
that
separately to work on.
That's a good way to go, since when you make a change to the original
you would not want to have to separately change the version with the
parts split out - you would just re-run the command to split out the
parts and re-save that version. That way they won't get out of sync.

I've just upgraded the Create Parts command from this

Command: Create Parts
Create three parts from the current staff.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Voices
Internal Name: CreateParts

which expects 3 notes per chord to this:

Command: Create Parts
Create a number of parts from the current staff which should have
chords with that number of notes per chord.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Voices
Internal Name: CreateParts

where you can say how many notes you have per chord - in your case 2.

So now you won't need to get involved with the Scheme script. This
version will be built overnight (in Chicago) - available at
http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip

This is the no-install version, just extract it and run.

HTH