Re: [Denemo-devel] Building with Gtk 3.22

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building with Gtk 3.22
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:04:42 +0000

On Mon, 2017-01-09 at 22:02 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> I haven't used the playback view before, but it seems not to work for
> me
> in both testing and stable distributions. Clicking Play/Stop does
> nothing except that the Denemo cursor in the Denemo window does some
> animation, and clicking on a note gives only a drum sound
the deep bump sound is meant to mean that trying to locate the note that
is being clicked on has failed. You can get this drum beat reliably by
clicking below any music.
I just tested as follows.
File->New
Insert 8 quarter notes (i.e. two bars)

View->Playback View

The Playback window appears with the two bars typeset.

Press the left mouse button with the pointer below the music, a bump is
heard (with or without shift) and a green blob is drawn at the pointer
position, release the mouse button.

Shift press the left mouse button with the pointer over the first note
of the second bar a "tsk" is heard and the green blob drawn, release and
a "bell" sounds and the Denemo Cursor moves to the correct note.

Having tested this a few times, I see that sometimes a bug happens: the
Denemo cursor goes to the last note of the piece instead - the only way
to get it working again that I found is to typeset in the Print View
then return to the Playback View and typeset, then it works correctly
again. What sequence triggers this bug I'm not sure.