Re: [Denemo-devel] spastic tooltips won't go away

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] spastic tooltips won't go away
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:29:08 +0000

On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 08:16 -0400, Bric wrote:
> On 03/23/2014 07:57 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Can you post you denemorc file (in .denemo-1.1.2 under your home
> > directory)?
>
> here it is:  http://www.flight.us/misc/denemo/denemorc-1.1.2.txt
this looks ok.

> > Do you still get slow cursor animation?
>
> Actually, no.  The horizontal scrolling animation and cursor animation
> are GONE (and I am very happy about that :-) -- others, with
> faster/better-working systems might be enjoying it, of course).

My question wasn't whether the work around of turning it off was
working, I assumed that. What I was asking is, if you turn on cursor
animation is it still slow?

The reason I ask is because I suspect these are related. Something is
bad with your drawing, and I suspect it is some bug in the
Gtk/Gdk/Glib/Cairo stuff that does drawing the display. The same badness
(miss-matched libraries?) may be causing the tooltip timeout to be
ignored. There is a binary for GNU/Linux which comes with its own set of
libraries, I have tested this on a 32-bit system and it worked just
fine.
Please say if this
http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-1.1.2-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

works correctly for you. (You unpack it and then execute the
Launch_Denemo.sh script, see an earlier thread from a Ubuntu user who
had trouble with Ubuntu's mangled offering).

HTH

Richard