Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows git snapshot
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 08:32:00 +0100

I have made some progress - the set of pixbuf loads at startup are in
fact redundant and I have removed them in git now.
More remarkably, when I checked on windows I found that the mute icon
was showing, and indeed *all* the pngs are showing too. But they are all
accompanied by the critical error message when they load, complaining
that the pixbuf isn't a pixbuf and the width & height cannot be
obtained, and indeed they are all placed in the middle of the staff as a
result.
The reason this is happening is that we are only using the gdk-pixbuf
loader to get the width and height of the pngs, we chuck away the actual
pixbuf instead using cairo to load the image.
So the bottom line is that if we can extract the width and height from
the png we can drop the use of gdk-pixbuf loader altogether I suspect
(well, there is some uses elsewhere, but these should probably be
changed to cairo loads).

Richard