consensus

[GNU/consensus] [OT] GNU/business (was Re: [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto

From: hellekin (GNU Consensus)
Subject: [GNU/consensus] [OT] GNU/business (was Re: [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:45:49 -0300

On 01/21/2013 02:10 PM, Patrick Anderson wrote:
> I would add of this to #3 (the Terms of Operation may need to be a
> separate document):
>
> It is recommended users pool their money to buy hardware together and
> have real co-ownership in a shared server.  A Terms of Operation for
> this joint ownership would have these constraints:
>
> [snip]
>
> B.) Profit is the payer's investment.  This means if the group allows
> non-owners to use the server, those latecomers will gain co-ownership
> in the growth of that facility when paying more than the real costs of
> production.

*** Since I watched the presentation of Uwe Luebermann at EHSM 2012 [1],
I thought about GNU/business. There's a GNUbiz.net but it seems stale.
That kind of ideas could be discussed to create a site for consumers and
for entrepreneurs.

The ideas you mention, Patrick, could develop as a set of guides to
consumer electronics defense, buying cooperatives, and a network of
consumer defense organisms on electronic devices and free software.

For entrepreneurs, we can collect business models from the field, and
promote integral, cooperative business models like that of Premium Cola.
A vertical integration of the supply chain in the negotiation of price,
controlled growth, and decentralization of operations to rely less on
transports.

Regards,

==
hk